Saturday 26 October 2013

Welcome to the Char Mesan Job Search Training Blog

Hello and welcome to the Char Mesan blog that will focus exclusively on my offering advice, services and resources for job seekers who need a (professional) helping hand.

For those of you who are not familiar with my other (personal) blogs to know a little bit about me, I am an experienced Employment Consultant.  I have been assisting and training long term unemployed clients with disabilities, injuries and health conditions to overcome their barriers to employment and find suitable and sustainable ongoing work for over five years now.  And, I have been highly successful in this type of work, and I love what I do! Prior to entering the Employment Services industry, still along the same field of work though, I ran my own business as a typist, vocational trainer and private resume writer for about five years. Now I'm am combining things by being back to working for my own self, while simultaneously still very much attached to the Employment Services industry (where I still act in a contract training capacity).

Yet even with so many professional agencies around assisting registered job seekers get off or reduce their Centrelink benefits and return to full or part time employment, I have found that too many job seekers still don't fully understand how to submit quality applications so that they are the candidate invited for an interview - and that's where this blog should be of benefit!

In the coming weeks and months, I am going to share my wealth of accumulated knowledge with you, so you too can improve your chances of gaining work quickly and more easily, not just how to create a good resume, but also things like developing good job search habits and attitudes and overcoming barriers to getting work.

At this early stage, the site and my services are only in their infancy (and the site still undergoing page construction!), so please bear with me while I juggle my many competing commitments and priorities to get it all happening over the next few weeks and months.

I look forward to working with you and with my help: may you get the job you want, quickly and easily!

Char Mesan